Latest STEAMPUNK STEAM PUNK ROBOT I-Cybie Paint JOB #8
He has several functions including: COME HERE, ROLL OVER, STEP BACKWARDS, BODY SHAKE, SPEAK, LIE DOWN, DANCE, SHAKE HAND, SIT, WAVE, GREET. He can even do a HEAD STAND!!
He will do all these things by himself, on his own while expoloring and interacting withis his enviroment.
Using advanced artificial intelligence, each Cybie develops its own unique personality over time.
i-Cybie robotic dog has 16 motors and is powered by a 9.6 volt rechargeable battery.
I-Cybie comes with a remote control to take over control of him and a battery charger. He can detect obstacles, monitor his own power level, recognize your voice, get up if he falls over and communicate with other I-Cybies and Super Poo-Chi and Poo-Chi. iCybies eyes even change colors depending on his interest and activity level.
I-Cybie robotic dog also recognizes edges, allowing him to stop before walking off the edge of a table or falling down some stairs. he even senses light and the touch of your hand. Walls and other obstacles are also detected.
The many features and relatively low cost of I-Cybie are even attracting robotic experimenters, student projects, and other technical applications. I-Cybie rules!!.
- FULL AUTONOMOUS ROBOT DOG
- Motion sensors allow i-Cybie to detect movement around it.
- Obstacle sensors are used to navigate as it walks and to avoid bumping into objects.
- An i-Cybie robot can interact with other i-Cybie robots using a built-in IR communicator.
- Sensors on its help the i-Cybie react to touch.
- Sound sensors allow i-Cybie respond to voice commands to clap commands. Voice commands require training. Clap commands which do not require training.
- Edge detectors help prevent falls, but there have been reports that this feature is not necessarily reliable & was never an advertised feature. This is because many do not read the instructions so they do not know how to enable it.
- Tilt sensors allow it to detect when it has fallen down.
- Light sensors let him detect changes in ambient light in your room.
Tricks That I-Cybie is Capable of Performing Without User-Modifications
- Take a bow
- Sit down
- Wag tail
- Scratch ear
- Give me your paw
- Head stand
Voice CommandsThe i-Cybie can be trained to respond to voice. To activate voice control and issue a command one must put I-cybie in "Listening" mode, then speak the command. I-cybie's eyes will glow and flash indicating that he is: in listening lode, that he is waiting for a command, then whether he has understood what was spoken or not. If he recognizes the word, he will then perform the action. There are 8 different voice commands. One can choose what word or phrase i-Cybie will respond to for each trick. The voice control interface is speaker dependent so i-Cybie will only respond to your voice alone, not the voices of others.
Clap CommandsClap commands are executed as a series of claps and pauses. For example, the Stay command is activated by clapping once, pausing, and clapping three more times. The sit down command is clap twice and pause and then clap again.
PersonalityThe i-Cybie has five distinct simulated moods:
It is possible to hack the I-cybie as well (see "Super I-cybie" below), but it requires the removal and modification of the robot's outer shell and soldering of new electronics onto the original electronics board. The hack is not trivial and it is very possible to ruin the dog if done incorrectly. Additional information can be found at http://www.aibohack.com/icybie/index.html